TALLULAH FALLS, Ga. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams made it back-to-back competition weekends Saturday at the Piedmont Invitational Saturday. The men's team finished fourth out of 10 teams while the women were fifth out of nine.
MEN'S RESULT – 4th/10
WOMEN'S RESULT – 5th/9
LOCATION – Tallulah Falls, Georgia – Tallulah Falls Farm Course
The Women – 6K (3.73 miles)
- Freshman Alette McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) posted a new E&H record in the 6K distance, covering the course in 23:51 to finish fifth overall.
- Sophomore Erica Grupp (Charlottesville, Va.) was 17th in 25:41 while junior Kelly Light (Blountville, Tenn.) took 36th (28:30).
- Sophomore Maddie Copenhaver (Glade Spring, Va.) finished in 43rd with a time of 30:13 while junior Annie Kate Leinius (Oak Ridge, Tenn.) rounded out the team in 36:58.
- Anderson (S.C.) University won the race with the top four runners as the Division II program saw Haylee Love take first in 23:14. The Trojans had eight of the top 10 competitors.
The Men – 8K (5.0 miles)
- Junior Austin Tolbert (Wytheville, Va.) took ninth overall with a time of 27:56 while junior Zane Moran (Floyd, Va.) was 19th in 29:17.
- Senior Buck Kirtland (Richmond, Va.) was third on the team in 30:30 (29th) while sophomore Colt Pierce (Lockhart, Texas) finished 44th in 34:58.
- Senior Caleb Simpson (Richmond, Va.) was fifth for the Wasps clocking a time of 35:56.
- Anderson also won the men's race with the top three harriers and five of the top eight. Mason Hazel was the medalist, finishing in 27:08.
- Emory & Henry will head back to the Peach State next Saturday when it will compete at the Berry Invitational in Mount Berry, Georgia.