EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (1-11-1, 1-4 ODAC) put up a season-high six goals as it earned an Old Dominion Athletic Conference victory over Hollins University (2-9-1, 1-4 ODAC) Wednesday evening at home.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 6, Hollins 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-11-1, 1-4 ODAC); Hollins (2-9-1, 1-4 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got on the board early in the 26th minute as freshman forward Eva Hart (Asheville, N.C.) crossed in a ball from the left side off the goalkeeper's hands that fell to freshman forward Callie McMurray (Weber City, Va.) who put it in the back of the net.
- The Wasps made it 2-0 at the 34:15 mark when senior midfielder Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) settled a loose ball at the top of the six-yard box and put it over the outstretched hands of the goalkeeper at the back post.
- Just prior to the halftime whistle, E&H made it 3-0 as freshman defender Caroline Copeland (Newport News, Va.) took a pass from McMurray for her first collegiate goal.
- Coming out of the break, Hart pushed the advantage to 4-0 as she hit a shot from the left side from outside the 18-yard box.
- With 25 minutes remaining, sophomore forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) settled a pass ahead from freshman defender Mary Baldwin (Appomattox, Va.) and slotted it into the goal.
- Six and a half minutes later, Hart capped the scoring with her team-leading fifth goal of the season.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Hart scored her two goals on nine shots, putting five on target while Hogg had nine shots of her own.
- Horner and McMurray got their goals by virtue of six shots.
- Senior Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) and sophomore Kaela Schlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) combined for the shutout in goal.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry put up 53 shots, including 20 on goal en route to its biggest offensive outpouring since defeating Hollins by the same score on Wednesday, October 11, 2017.
- The Wasps dominated possession and also took 12 corner kicks on the evening.
- Emory & Henry will host Randolph-Macon College on Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m., in an ODAC matchup.