LYNCHBURG, Va. – The No. 20 University of Lynchburg Women's Soccer Team (10-2, 3-1 ODAC) defeated Emory & Henry College (0-11-1, 0-4 ODAC) by an 11-1 score Saturday in Old Dominion Athletic Conference play. The Hornets are the 20th-ranked team in the country by the United Soccer Coaches and are also ranked No. 10 in NCAA Division III by D3soccer.com.
FINAL SCORE – No. 20 Lynchburg 11, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia
VENUE – Shellenberger Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-11-1, 0-4 ODAC); Lynchburg (10-2, 3-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Hornets got on the board just 1:28 into the contest as Kennedy Jakubek scored one of her three goals on the afternoon. She was assisted by Caitlin Mertens.
- Sarah Wescott scored back-to-back goals to push the lead to 6-0 in the 27th minute.
- Emory &Henry got on the board at the 26:57 mark when freshman forward Eva Hart (Asheville, N.C.) scored to make it 6-1.
- Lynchburg added a goal before the half for a 7-1 margin and went on to score four in the second 45 minutes for the final 11-1 margin.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Hart's goal marked the first score for E&H against the national-powerhouse Hornets since the 2013 season.
- Sophomore Kaela Schlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) made 10 saves while senior Kieran Liseski (Mooreville, N.C.) stopped seven shots.
- Jakbuek finished the day with three goals and three assists while Mertens added a goal and three helpers.
- Wescott and Hannah Olds also scored twice.
- Emory & Henry returns home for an ODAC contest against Hollins University on Wednesday evening at 7:00 p.m.