DEMOREST, Ga. – The Piedmont College Women's Soccer Team (3-1-1, 0-0 USA South) used a pair of first half goals in earning a 2-0 win over Emory & Henry College (0-4-1, 0-0 ODAC) Sunday afternoon in the final match of the Bradford Classic.
The contest was delayed for nearly two hours following the halftime break as severe weather passed through north central Georgia.
FINAL SCORE – Piedmont 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Demorest, Georgia
VENUE – Walker Athletic Complex
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-4-1, 0-0 ODAC); Piedmont (3-1-1, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Cassidy Reich gave the Lions a 1-0 lead in the contest at the 27:14 mark of the first half when she converted a free kick from 21 yards out.
- Almost 10 minutes later, Reich put Piedmont ahead 2-0 with a shot from inside the area, beating the keeper to the top left side of the goal. Sarah Weber earned the assist on the play.
- The weather delay put not only a stop to the clock but also the momentum of the contest as the final score would go down as the 2-0 margin achieved in the 38th minute.
- Reich got her scoring accomplished on five shots, putting three on target while Weber also posted five attempts in the contest.
- Miranda McNalley picked up the clean sheet for the Lions, playing all 90 minutes in frame.
A Deeper Look
- Piedmont had 29 shots in the contest, including 11 on goal.
- The Lions also led the Wasps 10-2 on corner kicks but were called offside twice.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Wednesday for a non-conference matchup against Averett University at 7:00 p.m.