GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Greensboro College Women's Soccer Team (3-0, 0-0 USA South) picked up a 4-0 non-conference victory over visiting Emory & Henry College (0-2-1, 0-0 ODAC) Wednesday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Greensboro 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Pride Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-2-1, 0-0 ODAC); Greensboro (3-0, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- The Pride jumped out to a 1-0 lead midway through the seventh minute when Alexis Chase received a cross from the right side off the foot of Mercedes Bauza which she headed into the back of the net.
- Coming out of halftime with the score still 1-0, Bauza got on the scoring end of things with a put back from a shot by Chase.
- In the 73rd minute Hannah Bober made the score 3-0 off of a pass by Cassandra LaTorre. Greensboro capped the scoring with 11:58 to play as Chase netted her second goal of the match.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Senior goalkeeper Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) made nine saves, playing the entire 90 minutes in the net.
- Freshman forward Callie McMurray (Weber City, Va.) tallied a shot on goal for the Wasps.
- Chase tallied her two goals on seven shots and added an assist while Anna Rae Porcelli notched four shots as a reserve.
- Kelsey Emrich picked up the shutout between the pipes.
A Deeper Look
- GC led 25-1 on shots and posted a 3-0 advantage on corner kicks.
- The Emory & Henry defense caused Greensboro attackers to be called offside on five different occasions during the match.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road this weekend when it travels to Demorest, Georgia and the campus of Piedmont College for the Bradford Invitational.
- The Wasps will face the Scotties of Agnes Scott College on Saturday at 2:30 p.m.