LEXINGTON, Va. – The Washington and Lee University Women's Soccer Team (10-4-1, 7-2 ODAC) scored once in each half to pick up a 2-0 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (4-11-1, 3-5-1 ODAC) Wednesday afternoon in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest.
FINAL SCORE – Washington and Lee 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Lexington, Virginia – Watt Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-11-1, 3-5-1 ODAC); Washington and Lee (10-4-1, 7-2 ODAC)
How It Happened
- After a half hour of scoreless soccer, Washington and Lee broke through with a goal in the 33rd minute as Megan Duncanson crossed a ball through the six yard box to Kelsey Anderson, who hit it inside the back post.
- The Generals got their second score just 2:29 into the second half on a cross by Caroline Coppinger which found Megan Engeland for the goal.
Washington and Lee Leaders
- Engeland and Chandler Wickers both put up six shots in the contest with three of Engeland's attempts going on target.
- Leeann Passaro earned the shutout victory for the Generals, playing the full 90 minutes between the pipes.
A Deeper Look
- W&L took 31 shots in the contest, putting 14 on frame.
- The Generals also led 13-1 on corner kicks, taking 12 corners in the opening 45 minutes.
- Emory & Henry is set to return home on Sunday for the final ODAC contest of the season against Shenandoah University at 1:00 p.m.
- The Wasps will celebrate Senior Day prior to the start of the contest.