FERRUM, Va. – The Ferrum College Women's Soccer Team (5-2, 0-0 USA South) scored twice in the opening 15 minutes to propel itself to a 2-0 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (1-5, 0-0 ODAC) Wednesday evening.
FINAL SCORE – Ferrum 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Ferrum, Virginia – Penn-Roediger Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-5, 0-0 ODAC); Ferrum (5-2, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Casey Raggett opened the scoring for the Panthers with an unassisted goal in the seventh minute.
- FC made it 2-0 at the 10:36 mark as Payton Stuart received a pass from Alexis McCargo that she slotted past the goalkeeper.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Freshman midfielder Taylor Vizconde (Chesapeake, Va.) led the Wasps with two shots.
- Senior goalkeeper Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) made five saves in 62 minutes of work while junior Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) had three saves.
- Stuart and Jenna Janicki each had five shots including two on goal.
- Ashley McAllister earned the shutout victory, making a pair of saves.
A Deeper Look
- Ferrum led E&H held a 24-5 lead on shots including a 10-2 margin on shots on goal.
- The Panthers took six corner kicks compared to two for the Wasps.
- Both sides were called offside once in the match.
- Emory & Henry opens Old Dominion Athletic Conference play on Saturday when it travels to face Randolph College at 4:30 p.m.