SALEM, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Cross Country Team claimed 10th place at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship on Saturday morning. The meet was held at Green Hill Park in Salem, Virginia with Roanoke College serving as this year's host.
MEN'S RESULT – 10th/12
WOMEN'S RESULT - NTS
LOCATION – Salem, Virginia
VENUE – Green Hill Park
The Results – Men's 8K (5 miles)
- Junior Conor White (Warrenton, Va.) set the Emory &Henry record for the 8K distance as he finished 10th overall in 25:49. White earned All-ODAC Second Team accolades for his Top 14 performance.
- Junior Jackson Kaze (Midlothian, Va.) was second on the squad, running a 29:15 to take 78th while sophomore Lucas Biggerstaff (Knoxville, Tenn.) was 83rd in 29:28.
- Freshman James Guthrie (Dublin, Va.) posted a time of 30:54 to finish 96th while senior Colt Pierce (Lockhart, Texas) clocked a 38:54.
The Results – Women's 6K (3.7 miles)
- Junior Alette McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) led E&H with a time of 25:09 to finish 42nd while senior Erica Grupp (Charlottesville, Va.) was 65th in 27:13.
The Winners - Men
- Washington and Lee University won its fifth-straight league title, putting all seven of its runners in the top 13 while University of Lynchburg was the conference runner-up with three of the top six.
- Lynchburg's Maximillian Sparks was the top finisher, covering the 8K course in 24:44. White was named ODAC Rookie of the Meet with his 10th-place finish.
The Winners – Women
- W&L claimed the women's title with four of the top five finishers and seven of the top 14 while Lynchburg was second with three of the top 15 runners.
- Washington and Lee's Sara Stephenson earned medalist honors with a time of 22:00, just one second ahead of teammate Julia Moody.
- Emory & Henry will complete the 2019 season at the NCAA Division III South/Southeast Region Championship on Saturday, November 16.
- Rhodes College will serve as the host for this year's regional meet.