BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team completed the 2017-18 season at the Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Monday. The Wasps finished 10th as a team.
The three-round, 54-hole event was originally scheduled to take place from Sunday to Tuesday, but the forecast of rain in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina on Tuesday forced league officials to condense the event to two days. Round one was played on Sunday as scheduled while both rounds two and three occurred on Monday to complete the event a day early.
Tournament – 2018 ODAC Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – The Champions Course at Bryan Park
Location – Browns Summit, North Carolina
Par – 36-36 - 72
- Freshman Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) led the team with a +7 (79) to finish tied for 31st while junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) tied for 34th one shot back (+8; 80).
- Freshman Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) carded a 91 (+19), good for 50th while sophomore Luke Montalbano (Rumford, R.I.) shot +26 (98) to take 54th.
Rounds Two & Three
- Jones finished the event at +18 (234) to tie for 26th while Blaylock shot a +30 which was good for 37th overall.
- Benson turned in a tournament score of +38 to take 43rd individually while Montalbano was 53rd at +62.
- Guilford College won its second-straight conference title and seventh in the past eight seasons with a score of 863 (-1). The Quakers saw their players occupy the top three spots and placed all five of their competitors in the top 10 and ties.
- Washington and Lee University finished second in the event at +32 Virginia Wesleyan University (+33) and Hampden-Sydney College (+34) were close behind to make the top four teams.
- Guilford's Addison Manring earned medalist honors at -4 (73-68-71 – 212) defeating teammate Kell Graham by two shots.