EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (7-14, 4-6 ODAC) went to battle on Sunday as it played a pair of five-set matches in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action at home. The Wasps claimed a 3-2 victory over Shenandoah University (7-16, 2-7 ODAC) to start the day but saw their rally come up short to University of Lynchburg (14-8, 5-5 ODAC) in the nightcap.
RESULTS – Emory & Henry 3, Shenandoah 2 (23-25, 20-25, 25-19, 25-23, 15-11)
Lynchburg 3, Emory & Henry 2 (25-23, 25-22, 14-25, 21-25, 15-7)
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Bob Johnson Court at the John Rutledge King Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (7-14, 4-6 ODAC); Lynchburg (14-8, 5-5 ODAC); Shenandoah (7-16, 2-7 ODAC)
The Shenandoah Match
- Sophomore middle Marigrace Grow (Fairfield, Va.) posted a career-high 15 kills and four blocks while redshirt freshman right-side Carley Williams (Bristol, Tenn.) put up 15 kills of her own to lead the Wasps.
- Sophomore middle Makayla Payne (Bristol, Va.) had 10 kills while sophomore outside hitter Chelsie Crussell (Kingsport, Tenn.) notched nine kills, four aces and 10 digs.
- Freshman setter Marissa Snapp (Chuckey, Tenn.) dished out 32 assists and added 15 digs for the double-double while freshman setter Abbie Dillon (Goodview, Va.) had a double-double of her own with 23 kills and 10 digs.
- Senior libero Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) led all players with 25 digs.
The Lynchburg Match
- Payne went for 14 kills and seven blocks, hitting .312 to pace E&H while Crussell had another nine kills and 10 digs.
- Dillon went for a double-double with 20 assists and 16 digs as Snapp tacked on 19 assists.
- Coolidge again led the team defensively with 27 digs.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Thursday when it hosts Greensboro College at 7:00 p.m. The contest will serve as the Wasps' annual Dig Pink Night in support of the Side-Out Foundation.