EMORY, Va. – The Randolph College Volleyball Team (5-2, 1-0 ODAC) got the Old Dominion Athletic Conference season started with a 3-1 win against Emory & Henry College (2-4, 0-1 ODAC) Wednesday evening. The WildCats took the match by set scores of 17-25, 25-17, 25-20 and 26-24.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph 3, Emory & Henry 1 (17-25, 25-17, 25-20, 26-24)
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Bob Johnson Court at the John Rutledge King Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-4, 0-1 ODAC); Randolph (5-2, 1-0 ODAC)
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore middle Makayla Payne (Bristol, Va.) led the wasps with 12 kills and added five blocks while sophomore outside hitter Chelsie Crussell (Kingsport, Tenn.) had eight kills and a team-high 22 digs.
- Freshman right-side hitter Carley Williams (Bristol, Tenn.) posted seven kills and five blocks while freshman setter Abbie Dillon (Goodview, Va.) had a double-double with 15 assists and 10 digs as she added six kills.
- Freshman setter Marissa Snapp (Chuckey, Tenn.) led the team with 20 assists and completed the double-double with 13 digs while senior libero Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) notched 16 digs, four aces and three assists.
Randolph Individual Leaders
- Mackenzie Ambrose had 11 kills and 15 digs to make a double-double while Lauren Morgan added 10 kills and three blocks. Logan Warren had eight kills and a pair of blocks.
- Taylor Webb posted 31 assists, nine digs and three aces while Sam Verhaagen went for 25 digs and four assists.
- Emory & Henry will travel to Arlington, Virginia this weekend for a trio of matches in the Marymount Invitational. The Wasps face the Avenging Angels of Meredith College on Friday at 5:00 p.m., and will take on Marymount University and Franklin & Marshall College on Saturday.