LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Randolph College Volleyball Team (8-15, 3-5 ODAC) picked up a 3-0 sweep in Old Dominion Athletic Conference competition over Emory & Henry College (5-16, 2-6 ODAC) Wednesday night. The WildCats won the match by scores of 25-18, 25-18, 25-17.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-18, 25-18, 25-17)
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia
VENUE – Randolph Athletics and Dance Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-16, 2-6 ODAC); Randolph (8-15, 3-5 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Randolph opened the match with a 5-1 run and extended the advantage to 13-6 before Emory & Henry scored nine of the next 10 points to go up 15-14. The WildCats responded later with a 9-2 run to win, 25-18.
- The two squad went back and forth early in the second before a five-point run by RC for an 11-7 advantage. The WildCats kept the pressure on as they cruised to another 25-18 win and a 2-0 lead in the match.
- With the score tied 10-10, Randolph scored five in a row to take control. The Wasps would get within three points, 17-14, but the WildCats answered to close the match on an 8-3 run.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Senior right-side hitter Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) led E&H with six kills and added two blocks.
- Senior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) had 10 assists, nine digs and two aces while freshman outside hitter Chelsie Crussell (Kingsport, Tenn.) added three service aces and six digs.
- Freshman defensive specialist Abbie Jennings (Marion, Va.) posted a team-high eight digs.
Randolph Individual Leaders
- Autumn Troxell posted a match-high 11 kills and completed the double-double with 15 digs.
- Rebecca Lesnak put up nine kills while Brooks Gillerlain had 20 assists, three ace and eight digs.
- Taylor Webb notched 11 assists and Kennedy Webb registered 13 digs.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road on Friday when it visits Ferrum College for a 4:00 p.m. contest.
- The match was originally scheduled to be played on Wednesday, September 12, but was postponed due to Hurricane Florence.