KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (5-18, 2-6 ODAC) dropped its pair of matches Saturday in a tri-match at Johnson University. The Wasps fell 3-1 (25-9, 21-25, 25-14, 25-12) to the host Royals and lost to the Screaming Eagles of Toccoa Falls College 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-18) in the nightcap.
LOCATION – Knoxville, Tennessee – Phillips-Welshimer Gymnasium
RESULTS – Johnson 3, Emory & Henry 1 (25-9, 21-25, 25-14, 25-12)
Toccoa Falls 3, Emory & Henry 1 (23-25, 25-18, 25-19, 25-18)
The Johnson Match
- Junior right-side hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) led the way with nine kills while senior outside hitter Ali Singleton (Mount Jackson, Va.) had five kills and seven digs.
- Junior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) had a double-double with 25 assists and 10 digs while sophomore libero Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) registered a team-high 19 digs.
- Junior defensive specialist Amethyst Crawford (Afton, Tenn.) put up a team-best four aces to go along with four digs.
The Toccoa Falls Match
- Holmberg once again led the Wasps, putting up 19 kills and adding 12 digs for a double-double while Singleton tallied 10 kills and six digs.
- Junior middle Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) had seven kills, five blocks and three aces while junior middle Megan Stitzer (Chesterfield, Va.) contributed three kills and two blocks.
- McCauley dished-out 40 assists and nearly had another double-double with nine digs.
- Coolidge put up 26 digs while Crawford added 13 digs and two aces.
- Emory & Henry returns home for a non-conference match against the West Virginia University Institute of Technology on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
- The match will serve as the Wasps' annual Dig Pink game in support of the Side Out Foundation and breast cancer research.