GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams earned convincing Old Dominion Athletic Conference wins at Greensboro College Saturday. The E&H women won, 91-27, while the men earned an 84-43 victory.
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 84, Greensboro 43
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 91, Greensboro 27
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Royce Reynolds Family Student Life Center
MEN'S RECORD – 2-3 (2-1 ODAC)
WOMEN'S RECORD – 3-2 (2-1 ODAC)
- E&H broke a pair of school records on the day beginning with the 200-yard freestyle. Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) went 1:58.43 for a new E&H-best mark.
- The Wasps went 1-2-3 in the 50-yard freestyle with freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) winning in :23.95 while freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) clocked a 1:05.17 in the 100-yard butterfly for another 1-2-3 finish.
- Emory & Henry got to the top two spots in the 500-yard freestyle with freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) winning in 5:46.06.
- Freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) set a new school record in the 100-yard breaststroke, going 1:11.18, finishing second in the race.
- Emory & Henry took first in five of the seven events as junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) posted a trio of victories. She got thing started with a 2:12.01 in the 200-yard freestyle and also added wins in the 50-free (:26.02) and the 100-butterfly (1:02.53).
- The Wasps went 1-2-3 in the 200-free and 50-free.
- Freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) led another 1-2-3 finish for the Wasps with her win in the 100-yard freestyle. Tunstall went :58.94 to win by 5.1 seconds.
- In the 100-yardd breaststroke, E&H got another 1-2-3 sweep with junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) taking first in 1:15.45, just .05 ahead of freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.).
- Emory & Henry will return home on Saturday, November 17 when it hosts Hollins University and Roanoke College in ODAC action.
- The meet is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m.