EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team (1-0, 1-0 ODAC) won all 10 events Friday evening against Ferrum College (0-1, 0-1 ODAC) as it cruised to a 102-39 victory in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 102, Ferrum 39
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center
RECORD – Emory & Henry (1-0, 1-0 ODAC); Ferrum (0-1, 0-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry kicked off the evening with a win in the 200-meter medley relay, as junior Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.), junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.), freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) and junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) went a 2:20.25.
- Anson got her first individual victory of the night in the 200-meter freestyle (2:17.43) while freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) went :30.62 in the 50-meter freestyle for the win.
- Scarbrough won in the 200-meter individual medley, clocking a 2:44.41, while Tunstall stopped the watches in 1:12.69 in the 100-meter butterfly.
- Scarbrough got her second individual win in the 100-meter freestyle (1:07.42) while freshman Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.) turned in a time of 1:23.11 to win the 100-meter backstroke.
- Tunstall went 5:12.90 in the 400-meter freestyle to win while Sweigart clocked a 1:22.65 in the 100-meter breaststroke.
- The Wasps finished the meet as Anson, Mumpower, Simmons and Sweigart swam a 2:06.06 in the 200-meter freestyle relay.
- Emory & Henry will compete in the ODAC Relays on the campus of Washington and Lee University next Saturday. The first race is set for noon.