GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team concluded the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships with a fourth-place team finish Sunday.
RESULTS – 4th/12
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Event 25 – 1,650-Yard Freestyle – Freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) took 11th in 19:22.68 while freshman Brittany Archer (Laredo, Texas) was 13th (19:37.01).
- Event 27 – 200-Yard Backstroke – Sophomore Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) finished in 18th as the second alternate for the finals in 2:34.07.
- Event 29 – 100-Yard Freestyle – Sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) tallied a fourth-place finish in :53.87 while senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) was seventh, stopping the watches at :54.73. Freshman Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) swam a 1:02.22 to take 20th.
- Event 31 – 200-Yard Breaststroke – Senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) took fourth with a swim of 2:26.88 while senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) was 10th in 2:35.24.
- Event 33 – 200-Yard Butterfly – Senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) came in seventh, clocking a 2:22.93.
- Event 35 – 400-Yard Freestyle Relay – The team of Anson, Chessock, Jones and Lingle posted a runner-up finish to conclude the weekend, finishing in 3:40.06.
- Emory & Henry will now await the announcement of the 2018 All-ODAC Swimming Teams which will come on Tuesday.