GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team is fourth place after day two of the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Saturday.
RESULTS – 4th/12
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Event 13 – 400-Yard Individual Medley – Senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) took third in 4:49.34 while sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was seventh (5:02.28). Senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) won the Consolation Final for ninth overall in 5:02.29.
- Event 15 – 100-Yard Butterfly – Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) was seventh, clocking a 1:00.61.
- Event 17 – 200-Yard Freestyle – Sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) finished sixth, stopping the watches in 1:56.71. Freshman Brittany Archer (Laredo, Texas) and sophomore Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) were 17th and 20th, respectively in the preliminaries.
- Event 19 – 100-Yard Breaststroke – Senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) took third overall with a 1:06.74. Jones and Scarbrough went 1:12.84 and 1:13.54 to finish 11th and 12th.
- Event 21 – 100-Yard Backstroke – Freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) was 13th in 1:06.45. Simmons and freshman Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) took 17th and 19th in the preliminaries.
- Event 23 – 800-Yard Freestyle Relay – The relay of Lingle, Roth, Chessock and Anson turned in a time of 7:57.97, good for second place.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the 2018 ODAC Championships on Sunday with preliminaries beginning at 10:00 a.m., and finals starting at 5:00 p.m.