EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams got the made it back-to-back days with double-dual meets on Saturday morning, swimming against Ferrum College and Milligan College. The Wasps honored the four seniors from the women's team prior to the start of competition.
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 137, Ferrum 36
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 102, Milligan 91
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Ferrum 69, Emory & Henry 44
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Milligan 118, Emory & Henry 28
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center at the John Rutledge King Center
WOMEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (9-1, 7-0 ODAC)
MEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (0-8, 0-5 ODAC)
- Emory & Henry kicked off the meet with a second-place finish in the 200-meter medley relay. Freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.), sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.), freshman Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) and sophomore Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) clocked a time of 2:23.34 in the race.
- In the 800-meter freestyle, senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) and Helfert went 2-3 in 10:14.59 and 10:27.23, respectively.
- The Wasps got their first win of the day in the 200-meter freestyle as sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) went 2:18.93 while senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) was second.
- Anson made it back-to-back wins with a victory in the 50-meter freestyle (:28.83) while Simmons was fifth.
- Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) was second in the 200-meter individual medley, swimming a 2:38.50 while senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) was second in the 100-meter butterfly (1:19.63).
- The Wasps got another 1-2 finish taking the top spots in the 100-meter freestyle. Anson earned her third win of the day, going 1:02.67 while Lingle was second in 1:04.18.
- Scarbrough took the runner-up spot in the 100-meter backstroke with a time of 1:17.20 while Simmons finished fifth.
- In the 400-meter freestyle, Helfert and Roth went 1-2 in 5:01.58 and 5:03.19, respectively while the Wasps swept the 100-meter breaststroke on the efforts of Chessock (1:19.81), Scarbrough (1:22.87) and Jones (1:23.99).
- Emory & Henry capped the day with a win in the 200-meter freestyle relay. The senior class of Chessock, Roth, Jones and Lingle went 1:59.20 to take the victory.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) claimed a win in the 200-meter freestyle, clocking a 2:08.41.
- In the 50-yard freestyle, the Wasps placed a pair of swimmers in sophomore Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) and sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.).
- Naff earned a pair of second-place finishes in the 100-meter butterfly (1:04.80) and the 100-meter backstroke (1:03.98).
- Barr was fourth in the 100-meter freestyle while Prillhart took fourth in the 100-meter breaststroke.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the regular season next Saturday when it travels to Sweet Briar, Virginia for a pair of dual meets.
- The women's team will face off against Sweet Briar while the men will face Hampden-Sydney College.
- The meet is scheduled to begin at 2:00 p.m.