LEXINGTON, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams have now reached the midpoint of their seasons after competing at the Washington and Lee Invitational over the weekend. The E&H women took fourth while the men finished sixth.
MEN'S FINAL RESULT – 6th/6
WOMEN'S FINAL RESULT – 4th/6
LOCATION – Lexington, Virginia
VENUE – W&L Natatorium at the Jonathan Westervelt Warner Center
- The 200-yard freestyle relay of seniors Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) and Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.), freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) and sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) took second with a time of 1:40.90 to start the meet.
- Chessock and Helfert finished seventh (5:18.79) and eighth (5:19.47), respectively in the 500-yard freestyle.
- Anson led the way in the 50-yard freestyle, clocking a :25.27 to take eighth.
- In the 400-yard individual medley, senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) was seventh in 4:57.74 while sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was eighth (5:02.43).
- Anson notched a seventh-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle at 1:58.69 and was ninth in the 100-yard freestyle (:55.10).
- Chessock got the Wasps' first win of the weekend with a time of 1:08.93 in the 100-yard breaststroke while Scarbrough was sixth (1:12.57).
- Helfert turned in a time of 18:20.59 in the 1650-yard freestyle, which was good for fourth while freshman Brittany Archer (Laredo, Texas) was seventh.
- Chessock was third in the 200-yard breaststroke, clocking a 2:30.29 while senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) took 10th in 2:40.34.
- Emory & Henry was without one of its swimmers due to injury and was therefore unable to compete in any of the relay events.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) swam a 5:18.60 in the 500-yard freestyle to take 15th and give the Wasps their top performance of Friday night.
- Naff broke into the top 10 with a swim of :55.84 in the 100-yard backstroke and was fifth in the 200-yard backstroke (2:01.04) Sunday night.
- Sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.) was 14th in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:26.53) while sophomore Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) also competed for the Wasps.
- Emory & Henry has completed the fall portion of its season and will next be in action on Friday, January 12 when it faces off against King (Tenn.) University and Mars Hill University at 6:00 p.m., in Bristol.