BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Golf Team concluded the 2018-19 season with a sixth-place performance at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships on Tuesday afternoon. The three-day, 54-hole tournament saw 31 players from eight different institutions participating with six schools earning team scores.
Tournament – 2019 ODAC Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – The Champions Course at Bryan Park
Location – Browns Summit, North Carolina
Par – 37-36 – 73
Round One - Sunday
- Junior Ashley Underwood (Strawberry Plains, Tenn.) carded a 102 (+29) while sophomore Chandler Thomas (Elizabethton, Tenn.) shot a +30 (103).
- Senior Laura Mister (Herndon, Va.) posted a +33 (106) which was while junior Skylar Hill (Meadowview, Va.) notched a round of 124.
Round Two - Monday
- Underwood continued to lead the Wasps posting the team's best round of the event at +26 (99) while Thomas also improved by three shots (+27; 100).
- Mister went for a 105 (+32) on the day while Hill added a score of 134.
Round Three - Tuesday
- Underwood finished the event as the Wasps' number one golfer, shooting a 101 (+28) in Tuesday's round to finish +83 and tied for 23rd overall.
- Thomas carded a 106 (+33) to complete the event at 26th and +90 while Mister was 28th with a third round of 116. Hill ended the event in 30th spot, scoring a 121 (+25) on the day.
- Washington and Lee University hoisted the team trophy with a score of 958 (+82). The Generals claimed the top three places put four of their five scorers in the top 10 en route to the championship.
- W&L's Laurie Jones won the individual title, edging teammate Beth Ann Townsend in a playoff at (+14; 233).