GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Golf Team finished its first tournament of the season with by making it back-to-back record rounds Tuesday. The Wasps finished as the fifth-place team at the Bob Dibble Classic, hosted by Tusculum University.
For a second day in a row, E&H posted a program-record round, dropping two shots from Monday to shoot a 411.
Tournament – Bob Dibble Classic
Host – Tusculum University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Link Hills Country Club
Location – Greeneville, Tennessee
Par – 71
Length – 5,930 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Junior Ashley Underwood (Strawberry Plains, Tenn.) shot a 96 on Tuesday to finish in 25thh place at +51 while freshman Baylor Padgett (Jonesboro, Tenn.) carded a 102 to take 27th (+55).
- Senior Laura Mister (Herndon, Va.) posted a personal-best round of 104 and finished in 32nd while sophomore Chandler Thomas (Elizabethton, Tenn.) turned in a 109 to finish 31st overall.
- Tusculum's Katie Tomassoni defeated Reagan Kinnie of Carson-Newman University in a playoff to take medalist honors at +4.
- The Tusculum "Orange" team (+31) was the team champion, defeating Carson-Newman by eight strokes (+39).
- Emory & Henry is next scheduled to compete in the Knights Women's Fall Classic on Saturday.
- Visit www.GoWasps.com for the latest updates regarding postponements or cancellations due to Hurricane Florence.