GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Golf Team got the 2018-19 season off to a start with a record-breaking round Monday at Tusculum University's Bob Dibble Classic. The Wasps, who sit in fifth place overall, put up a program best score of 413, breaking the previous team record by nine strokes (422).
Tournament – Bob Dibble Classic
Host – Tusculum University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Link Hills Country Club
Location – Greeneville, Tennessee
Par – 71
Length – 5,930 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Freshman Baylor Padgett (Jonesboro, Tenn.) carded a +24 (95) on Monday, the second lowest score in program history, to finish 25th.
- Junior Ashley Underwood (Strawberry Plains, Tenn.) is second for the team and tied for 27th overall at 97 (+26).
- Sophomore Chandler Thomas (Elizabethton, Tenn.) shot a +34 (105) while senior Laura Mister (Herndon, Va.) turned in a score of 116 (+45) to round out the team.
- Carson-Newman University's Reagan Kinnie and Tusculum's Katie Tomassoni lead the field after shooting even par (71).
- Tusculum leads the event at +11 (295), just three strokes ahead of Carson-Newman (+14; 298).
- Emory & Henry will play the final 18 holes of the Bob Dibble Classic on Tuesday.