BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Golf Team concluded its first year of competition with a fifth-place finish at the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Monday.
The three-round, 54-hole event was originally scheduled to take place from Sunday to Tuesday, but the forecast of rain in the Piedmont Triad of North Carolina on Tuesday forced league officials to condense the event to two days. Round one was played on Sunday as scheduled while both rounds two and three occurred on Monday to complete the event a day early.
Tournament – 2018 ODAC Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – The Champions Course at Bryan Park
Location – Browns Summit, North Carolina
Par – 37-36 – 73
- Sophomore Ashley Underwood (Strawberry Plains, Tenn.) shot a 100 (+27) to finish 21st on Sunday while freshman Sierra Giramma (Sanford, Fla.) was 22nd at +29 (102).
- Freshman Chandler Thomas (Unaka, Tenn.) carded a 108 (+35) to take 24th while junior Laura Mister (Herndon, Va.) was 26th with a +41 (114).
Rounds Two & Three
- Underwood finished the event as the Wasps' number one golfer, shooting a 308 (+89) which was good for 22nd while Thomas took 24th with a score of +96 (315).
- Mister shot a collegiate-best in round two to take 25th overall (+122) while Giramma rounded out the team with a +141 (360) to finish 27th.
- Washington and Lee University hoisted the team trophy with a score of 933 (+57). The Generals' golfers occupied the second- through sixth-place individual spots to lead the field by 58 strokes.
- Bridgewater College was the team runner up while Randolph-Macon College claimed third.
- Christina Herbert of Bridgewater won her third individual ODAC Championship, carding a +5 (224 - 76-70-78) for the tournament.
- Hannah Jones of W&L was the runner-up shooting a 232 (+13) across the three rounds.