HARDEEVILLE, S.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Golf Team got the spring portion of its inaugural season off to a start at the Hilton Head Lakes Invitational, hosted by Pfeiffer University. The Wasps finished the tournament in 11th place.
Tournament – Hilton Head Lakes Invitational
Host – Pfeiffer University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – The Golf Club at Hilton Head Lakes
Location – Hardeeville, South Carolina
Par – 36-36 - 72
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Ashley Underwood (Strawberry Plains, Tenn.) led the way, shooting a +55 (199) for the tournament to finish 49th.
- Freshman Chandler Thomas (Unaka, Tenn.) carded a +71 (215) and freshman Sierra Giramma (Sanford, Fla.) shot 223 (+79) for 51st and 52nd, respectively.
- Junior Laura Mister (Herndon, Va.) went for a 236 (+92) to round out the field in 55th.
A Deeper Look
- The Wasps posted their best round of the season on Tuesday at +137, 21 strokes better thean their previous low score.
- Mister put together both her best 18-hole and 36-hole score on the weekend while Thomas had her best tournament score.
- Megan Holbrooks of Pfeiffer posted the low round of the tournament, shooting a 70 on Monday and ended up winning medalist honors on the second playoff hole after a two-day score of 146.
- Anderson (S.C.) University, a NCAA Division II member of the South Atlantic Conference was the team champion while the top Division III program went to Randolph-Macon College.
- Emory & Henry will be back in action over the weekend of Saturday, March 17 and Sunday, March 18 when it competes in the Eagle Invitational, hosted by the University of Mary Washington.