GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Guilford College Women's Basketball Team (10-4, 7-1 ODAC) got out to a 43-25 halftime lead en route to a 77-57 win over No. 21 Emory & Henry College (11-3, 5-3 ODAC) Wednesday in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Guilford 77, No. 21 Emory & Henry 57
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Ragan-Brown Field House
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (11-3, 5-3 ODAC); Guilford (10-4, 7-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Guilford started the game on a 7-2 run but Emory & Henry closed the gap to 11-8. The Quakers would lead, 16-10, after one.
- A 13-0 run early in the second frame pushed the GC margin to 29-12 as they stretched their advantage to 18 (43-25) at the intermission.
- In the third, the Quakers extended the lead to 57-34 and held on through the fourth for the 77-57 victory.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Senior forward Taylor Blevins (Abingdon, Va.) had 10 points and six rebounds while junior guard Peyton Williams (Saltville, Va.) added 10 points, five rebounds and four assists.
- Senior guard Tessa Johnston (High Point, N.C.) put up 10 points while junior forward Kara Stafford (Bristol, Tenn.) had 8 points and four boards off the bench.
Guilford Individual Leaders
- Lindsay Gauldin led all players with 27 points and 12 rebounds, going 9-for-14 from the field. She also recorded five assists and three steals.
- Miracle Walters scored 19 points, four rebounds, two assists and two steals while Calyn Davis contributed 16 points and five assists.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry shot just 38.9 percent (21-for-54) for the game with three three-pointers. The Wasps hit 12-of-16 (75%) of their free throws.
- Guilford converted 26-of-47 (55.3%) of its shots on the evening with seven triples. The Quakers added 18 points at the stripe.
- GC held a 33-24 rebounding advantage and scored 22 points off 18 E&H turnovers.
- The Quakers held a slim, 38-36, margin on points in the paint.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Saturday to host the University of Lynchburg.
- Tipoff between the Wasps and Hornets is set for 2:00 p.m.