JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Track & Field Teams competed in their final meet of the regular season at the Buccaneer Track & Field Invitational, hosted by East Tennessee State University on Friday and Saturday. Five new records were set by the Wasps on the weekend.
EVENT – Buccaneer Track & Field Invitational
HOST – East Tennessee State University
LOCATION – Johnson City, Tennessee
VENUE – David E. Walker Track/Gentry Field at ETSU Athletics Center
- Sophomore Reece Watson (Roanoke, Va.) set a new school record in the 60 meters (:07.60) while sophomore Jackson Kaze (Midlothian, Va.) shaved over five seconds from the previous 800 meter record with a time of 2:07.89.
- Kaze, junior Colt Pierce (Lockhart, Texas), sophomore Conor White (Warrenton, Va.) and freshman Lucas Biggerstaff (Knoxville, Tenn.) established the mark to beat in the 4,000-meter distance medley relay at 12:10.70.
- Sophomore Alette McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) broke her own record in the mile (5:49.88) while freshman Maria Hatch (Emory, Va.) wennt 2:49.68 in the 800 meters for a new program best.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the 2018-19 indoor track & field season at the Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships on Sunday, February 24.
- Roanoke College will serve as the host for the championship.