EMORY, Va. - In their final match of the Fall season, the Emory & Henry men's tennis team (0-2) took a tough 9-0 loss at the hands of Averett University (1-0). The loss put the Wasps at 0-2 early on in the year. But the Wasps will have plenty of time to improve their record once the Spring season begins.
- Matt Kennedy (Wise, Va.) and Grayson McCarty (Marion, Va.) took an 8-0 shut out at one doubles.
- Dalton Shipley (Gate City, Va.) and Cooper Garrett (Gate City, Va.) also went down, 8-0.
- Following in the same path, Liam Davidson (Newport News, Va.) and Taylor Hines (Jonesville, Va.) were able to pick up two victories, but ultimately lost, 8-2.
- Kennedy was back at the helm as the number one spot. He lost 6-2, 6-1.
- McCarty was defeated, 6-1, 6-1, at two singles.
- At three singles, Shipley was vanquished, 6-1, 6-1.
- Davidson couldn't get into the winning column, losing, 6-0, 6-1.
- Garrett was vanquished, 6-2, 6-0.
- Andrew McClung (Roanoke, Va.) faought hard at six singles. He took his opponent to a third set to end the day. However, he was defeated, 4-6, 6-2, 10-1.
The Wasps have completed their Fall portion of the season and will return to action next semester