EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams each dropped a pair of dual meets to King (Tenn.) University and Milligan College Friday afternoon at home. King is a member of the NCAA Division II Conference Carolinas while Milligan competes in the NAIA Appalachian Athletic Conference.
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – King (Tenn.) 158, Emory & Henry 40
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Milligan 148, Emory & Henry 50
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – King (Tenn.) 147, Emory & Henry 54
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Milligan 121, Emory & Henry 73
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center
MEN'S RECORD – 2-3 (1-1 ODAC)
WOMEN'S RECORD – 2-3 (1-1 ODAC)
- Sophomore Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) took third in the 50-meter freestyle with a time of :26.76 while freshman Antonio Walters (Elon, N.C.) was fourth in :27.32.
- Walters posted a third-place finish in the 100-butterfly, going a 1:06.67.
- The Wasps closed out the meet with a second-place finish in the 200-meter freestyle relay. Walters, sophomore Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.), freshman Noah Wilson (Frederick, Md.) and Justice clocked a 1:48.58 to come within .32 seconds of a the school record.
- Emory & Henry opened the meet by finishing third in the 200-meter medley relay with a time of 2:18.94. Freshman Kenzie Welch (Knoxville, Tenn.) teamed up with sophomores Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.), Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) and Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) in the relay.
- Welch took third in her own right in the 800-meter freestyle, swimming a 10:44.62, and was fourth in the 100-meter backstroke (1:17.60).
- Senior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) was the runner-up in the 200-meter individual medley as she turned in a time of 2:37.60.
- In the 100-meter butterfly, Tunstall was third (1:14.71) while senior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was fourth (1:15.80).
- Anson picked up a win in the 100-meter freestyle, clocking a 1:02.35, and was third in the 400-meter freestyle at 5:06.96.
- Sweigart took fourth in the 100-meter breaststroke with a swim of 1:26.50.
- E&H ended the evening with a fourth-place finish in the 200-meter freestyle relay as freshman Paige Woodworth (Davidson, N.C.), Scarbrough, freshman Marley Sterling (Clinton, S.C.) and freshman Kate Prager (Concord, N.C.) turned in a time of 2:14.32.
- Emory & Henry will return home next Saturday for a double dual with Greensboro College and Warren Wilson College at 1:00 p.m.