GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams concluded the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships on Sunday evening. The Wasp men took sixth place, setting four more school records while the women finished fifth.
WOMEN'S RESULT – 5th/11
MEN'S RESULT – 6th/10
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Event 27 – 200-Yard Backstroke – Junior Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) finished 18th in the preliminaries as the second alternate with a time of 2:34.77.
- Event 29 – 100-Yard Freestyle – Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) took fifth, stopping the watches in :53.61. Freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) was the first alternate at 17th (:56.74) while sophomore Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) took 26th in the preliminaries (1:02.30).
- Event 31 – 200-Yard Breaststroke – Freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) claimed seventh clocking a 2:29.81 while freshman Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.) was 12th in 2:41.96.
- Event 33 – 200-Yard Butterfly – Junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was 10th, swimming a 2:30.01.
- Event 35 – 400-Yard Freestyle Relay – The Wasps capped the meet with a fifth-place finish in 3:51.34 on the efforts of Tunstall, Sweigart, Scarbrough and Anson.
- Event 28 – 200-Yard Backstroke – Freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) took 14th with a time of 2:09.37.
- Event 30 – 100-Yard Freestyle – Freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) was 14th in a school record time of :49.14 while freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) was 24th in :54.24. Junior Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) and freshman Nick Moore (Lebanon, Va.) took 29th and 31st, respectively.
- Event 32 – 200-Yard Breaststroke - Freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) set a new E&H best with a 10th-place finish of 2:20.08 while junior Jarod Bracero (Union City, N.J.) was 21st in the preliminaries (2:56.03).
- Event 34 – 200-Yard Butterfly – Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) went 2:08.63 for a new program best as he finished 12th.
- Event 36 – 400-Yard Freestyle Relay – E&H got a final school record as Gardner, Henningsen, Madaris and Justice clocked a 3:29.44.
- Emory & Henry will now await the announcement of the All-ODAC Teams.