EMORY, Va. - The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams will enter the championship portion of their seasons this weekend at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships, held at the Greensboro Aquatics Center. The three-day, 18-event meet will run from Friday to Sunday with preliminary races in the morning and finals in the evening. The Wasps will send eight men and seven women to this year's championship.
"The ODAC Championship meet is what we build our whole season around. Our biggest goal when we get into the pool in the fall is to prepare ourselves to swim fast this weekend," commented Head Coach Cody Skinner, now in his third year leading the Wasps. "We have had a good regular season. We swam some dual meets against really tough competition and some Division II and NAIA schools that have scholarships. Our record shows that we had success during the year, but the big measuring stick is the championship meet at the end of the year. We are excited for the possibility of one of our swimmers to attain a NCAA "B" Cut which will get her into the conversation for the NCAA Championship meet in March."
- Tickets – Per Session $6.00; Weekend Pass $30.00
- Parking – Per Day $5.00; Weekend Pass $12.00
Preliminaries – 10:00 a.m., Friday-Sunday
Finals – 6:00 p.m., Friday-Saturday; 5:00 p.m., Sunday
- The 2019 ODAC Swimming Championships will be streamed live on ODAConline.com. The streams will begin 10 minutes prior to the start of each session. Click here to access the video stream.
- Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) has the second-best swim over the course of the year in the 200-yard freestyle and is also seeded fifth in both the 50-yard and 100-yard freestyles.
- Freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) is sixth in the 100-yard breaststroke and ninth in the 200-yard breaststroke while freshman Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.) is seeded eighth 500-yard freestyle.
- E&H has the fifth-best time in the 200-yard freestyle relay and is sixth in the 400-yard freestyle, 200-yard medley and 400-yard medley relays.
- Freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) is seeded 10th in the 100-yard breaststroke and also has strong seeds in the 50-yard and 100-yard freestyle.
- Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) and freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) hold the #11 seeds in the 200-yard freestyle and 400-yard individual medley, respectively.
- The Wasps' have their best relay seed in the 800-freestyle relay at fifth and are sixth in the 400-yard medley relay.
Men's Seed Times
|50-Yard Freestyle||17) Justice (:23.11)||200-Yard Backstroke||18) Madaris (2:13.73)|
|21) Gardner (:23.48)|
|29) Barr (:24.74)||100-Yard Breaststroke||10) Justice (1:05.28)|
|38) Moore (:26.75)||16) Breeze (1:08.75)|
|41) Bracero (:29.43)||27) Bracero (1:25.99)|
|100-Yard Freestyle||17) Justice (:51.41)||200-Yard Breaststroke||13) Breeze (2:31.48)|
|28) Gardner (:54.64)||23) Bracero (NT)|
|35) Barr (:57.73)|
|42) Moore (1:08.16)||100-Yard Butterfly||21) Gardner (1:03.40)|
|25) Moore (1:11.53)|
|200-Yard Freestyle||17) Henningsen (1:55.59)|
|28) Barr (2:11.96)||200-Yard Butterfly||11) Henningsen (2:15.65)|
|500-Yard Freestyle||20) Henningsen (5:22.13)||200-Yard Individual Medley||-|
|1,650-Yard Freestyle||-||400-Yard Individual Medley||11) Madaris (5:59.81)|
|18) Breeze (NT)|
|100-Yard Backstroke||23) Madaris (1:01.41)|
|200-Yard Freestyle Relay||7) - 1:36.50||200-Yard Medley Relay||7) - 1:54.16|
|400-Yard Freestyle Relay||7) - 3:35.55||400-Yard Medley Relay||6) - 4:01.61|
|800-Yard Freestyle Relay||5) - 8:04.28|
|* - seed times for the 1,650-Yard Freestyle are based on the 1,000-Yard Freestyle.|