EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams continued the spring portion of their dual meet schedule on Saturday morning at home. The Wasp women defeated the Bobcats of Lees-McRae by a 81-43 score while the men fell by a 100-61 margin.
Lees-McRae is a member of NCAA Division II and the Conference Carolinas/Bluegrass Mountain Conference.
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Lees-McRae 100, Emory & Henry 61
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 81, Lees-McRae 43
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center
MEN'S RECORD – 2-7 (2-2 ODAC)
WOMEN'S RECORD – 5-5 (3-2 ODAC)
- Emory & Henry got seven second-place finishes on the day led by freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) in the 100-meter freestyle (1:04.31) and the 100-meter backstroke (1:16.13).
- Freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) was the runner-up in the 200-meter individual medley at 2:47.79 and the 100-meter breaststroke (1:22.63).
- Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) earned second-place finishes in the 200-meter freestyle and 100-meter butterfly at 2:17.39 and 1:09.59, respectively.
- The Wasps earned seven event wins and posted a pair of second-place relay finishes on their way to the win.
- Junior Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) started the day off with a victory in the 200-meter freestyle (2:42.35) while freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) won the 200-meter individual medley in 2:53.64.
- Freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) won the 50-meter freestyle in :30.68 and the 100-meter butterfly (1:13.63) while junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) went 1:09.57 in the 100-meter freestyle.
- Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) took first in the 400-meter freestyle, stopping the watches in 4:52.34..
- Emory & Henry will take on Sweet Briar College and Hampden-Sydney College next Saturday on the SBC campus.