BRISTOL, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams got the second half of their seasons off to a start on Friday evening with a double dual meet against King (Tenn.) University and Mars Hill University. The Wasps posted eight top four finishes on the women's side and five top four finishes in the men's meet.
Both King and Mars Hill are members of NCAA Division II and the Bluegrass Mountain Conference/Conference Carolinas.
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – King (Tenn.) 130, Emory & Henry 52
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Mars Hill 137, Emory & Henry 44
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – King (Tenn.) 105, Emory & Henry 63
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Mars Hill 141, Emory & Henry 49
LOCATION – Bristol, Tennessee
VENUE – Tennessee High School's Viking Hall
MEN'S RECORD – 2-6 (2-2 ODAC)
WOMEN'S RECORD – 4-5 (3-2 ODAC)
- Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) led the Wasps with a record-breaking swim in the 200-yard freestyle of 1:55.59. He finished fourth overall in the event.
- Freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) was third in the 50-yard freestyle (:23.48) while freshman Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) took third in the 100-yard freestyle at :53.03.
- The relay of freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.), freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.), freshman Nick Moore (Lebanon, Va.) and junior Jarod Bracero (Union City, N.J.) was third in the 200-yard medley relay.
- In the 400-yard freestyle relay, Gardner, Henningsen, junior Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) and Justice went 3:49.23 to finish third.
- Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) won a pair of individual events to lead the way. She stopped the watches in 2:00.48 in the 200-yard freestyle and went :55.13 in the 100-yard freestyle.
- Freshman Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) took second in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:13.60) by .16 seconds and was third in the 200-yard individual medley at 2:30.84.
- Junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) notched fourth-place finishes in the 100-yard butterfly (1:08.59) and the 100-yard breaststroke (1:15.19).
- The relay of freshman Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.), Sweigart, junior Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) and Anson finished as the runner-up for the 400-yard freestyle relay in 4:03.90.
- E&H took third in the 200-yard medley relay (2:07.27) on the efforts of Simmons, freshman Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.), Tunstall and Scarbrough.
- Emory & Henry will have a quick turnaround as it hosts Lees-McRae College on Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m.