EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams played host to an Old Dominion Athletic Conference double dual meet on Saturday afternoon at the Emory & Henry Aquatics Center.
The men took on Roanoke College while the women faced off against Roanoke and Hollins University.
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Roanoke 213, Emory & Henry 45
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 107, Hollins 106
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Roanoke 185, Emory & Henry 65
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center
MEN'S RECORD – 2-4 (2-2 ODAC)
WOMEN'S RECORD – 4-3 (3-2 ODAC)
- Freshman Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) led the Wasps with a second-place finish in the 400-meter freestyle (4:55.18) and a third-place finish in the 200-meter freestyle (2:11.41).
- Freshman Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) took third in the 800-meter freestyle with a 10:15.13.
- Freshman Brett Breeze (Cumming, Ga.) was third in the 100-meter breaststroke in 1:19.58 while freshman Tariq Gardner (Richmond, Va.) was third in the 50-meter butterfly (:29.78).
- Junior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) went 2:15.16 in the 200-meter freestyle to pick up her fist win and clocked times of :28.12 and 1:03.82 in the 50- and 100-meter freestyle for victories.
- Junior Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) posted a runner-up finish in the 100-meter individual medley (1:15.35).
- Freshmen Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) and Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) had third place finishes in the 50-meter backstroke and 100-meter butterfly. Sweigart went :37.95 in the back while Tunstall stopped the watches in 1:13.02 in the fly.
- Emory & Henry will next compete at the Washington and Lee Invitational which will be held over the weekend of Saturday, December 1 and Sunday, December 2.