BRISTOL, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams got the winter portion of its schedule off to a start Friday night with a double-dual meet against King (Tenn.) University and Mars Hill University. The Wasp women won three events en route to taking down King by a 105-68 score.
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 105, King (Tenn.) 68
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Mars Hill 110.5, Emory & Henry 88.5
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – King (Tenn.) 102, Emory & Henry 22
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Mars Hill 148, Emory & Henry 16
LOCATION – Bristol, Virginia
VENUE – Virginia High School Pool
WOMEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (7-1, 6-0 ODAC)
MEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (0-6, 0-4 ODAC)
- Emory & Henry got the meet off to a start with a win in the 200-yard medley relay. Freshman Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.), senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.), sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) and senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) turned in a time of 1:42.28 for the win.
- Freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) took first in the 1,000-yard freestyle, stopping the watches in 11:35.22 while Roth was fifth.
- In the 200-yard freestyle, senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) went 2:05.15 to take second while senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) was second in the 50-yard freestyle (:26.73) and sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) was fourth.
- Scarbrough went 2:28.49 in the 200-yard individual medley to tie for third while Anson was third in the 100-yard freestyle (:57.73).
- Roth notched a runner-up finish in the 200-yard butterfly, swimming a 2:32.16, and Lingle went 2:25.73 in the 200-yard backstroke.
- In the 500-yard freestyle, Helfert was second with a time of 5:44.31 while Chessock was second in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:34.51). Scarbrough clocked a fourth-place finish in the 200-breast.
- The Wasps closed the meet with a win in the 400-yard freestyle relay. Chessock, Anson, Helfert and Lingle went 3:52.88.
- Sophomore Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) was fifth in the 200-yard freestyle while sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.) took fifth in the 50-yard freestyle.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) went 2:11.30 in the 200-yard individual medley for a fourth-place finish while Barr was sixth in the 100-free.
- Naff added a fourth-place finish in the 200-yard backstroke (2:06.58) while Prillhart went 3:10.78 in the 200-yard breaststroke for fourth.
- Emory & Henry will have a quick turnaround before its next dual meet tomorrow at 11:00 a.m.
- The Wasps will host the Ferrum College Panthers and the Milligan College Buffaloes on what will be Senior Day.