ROANOKE, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams took on three Old Dominion Athletic Conference opponents Saturday afternoon on the campus of Hollins University. The Wasps' women's team earned three victories on the day, defeating Hollins, Randolph College and Virginia Wesleyan University while the men suffered losses to RC and VWU.
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 137, Virginia Wesleyan 41
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 138, Randolph 30
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 121, Hollins 64
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Randolph 69, Emory & Henry 44
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Virginia Wesleyan 111, Emory & Henry 38
LOCATION – Roanoke, Virginia
VENUE – Northen Swim Center
WOMEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (6-0, 6-0 ODAC)
MEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (0-4, 0-4 ODAC)
- Emory & Henry won 10 of the 11 events including all nine individual races as they picked up easy wins over all three opponents. The Wasps also went 1-2 in a trio of events.
- Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) won the 50-yard freestyle in :25.95 and took first in the 100-yard butterfly with a swim of 1:02.60.
- Senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) out-touched teammate sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) in the 200-yard freestyle (2:01.20/2:01.95) and made it a two win day by stopping the watches in 1:11.87 in the 100-yard breaststroke.
- Sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) won the 200-yard individual medley with a time of 2:24.00 and took first in the 500-yard freestyle as well (5:43.20).
- Freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) swam the 1650-yard freestyle in 19:29.58 to win by 1:22.35 and added an exciting .24 second victory in the 100-yard backstroke (1:09.56).
- Anson also got a taste of victory with a three-second win in the 100-yard freestyle (:56.12).
- The 400-yard freestyle relay of Chessock, Helfert, Anson and Lingle turned in a time of 3:52.58 to win by nearly 10 seconds.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) notched a pair of individual wins on the day to highlight the men's team. He went :58.12 in the 100-yard backstroke to win by 10.62 seconds and clocked a 5:22.77 in the 500-free for a 17.52-second victory.
- Sophomore Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) took third in the 200-yard freestyle (2:25.52) and was fourth in the 100-free with a time of 1:01.95.
- Naff, Barr, freshman George Jones (Bogotá, COLOMBIA) and sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.) posted a time of 4:21.96 in the 400-yard freestyle relay to finish third.
- Emory & Henry has completed the dual meet portion of its fall schedule and will wrap up the semester at the Washington and Lee Winter Invitational.
- The two-day event will take place over the weekend of Saturday, December 2 and Sunday, December 3 on the W&L campus.