EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams were back in action on short rest Saturday afternoon taking on Greensboro College and Guilford College. The women's team earned a pair of dominant victories over the Pride and Quakers, while the men dropped a decision to Greensboro.
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 136, Greensboro 34
WOMEN'S FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 143, Guilford 21
MEN'S FINAL SCORE – Greensboro 94, Emory & Henry 35
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Emory & Henry Aquatics Center at the John Rutledge King Center
WOMEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (3-0, 3-0 ODAC)
MEN'S RECORD – Emory & Henry (0-2, 0-2 ODAC)
- Emory & Henry won 10 of the 11 events including both relays en route to one-sided wins over Greensboro and Guilford. E&H also went 1-2 in six of the nine individual races.
- Sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) picked up individual wins in the 50-meter freestyle (:29.39) and the 100-meter freestyle (1:02.96). She added a relay win in the 200-meter freestyle relay along with sophomores Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.), Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) and Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.).
- Senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) finished first in the 200-meter individual medley (2:44.95) and the 400-meter freestyle (4:54.36) while senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) won the 800-meter freestyle in 10:28.82.
- Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) went 2:19.48 in the 200-meter freestyle while senior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) won the 100-meter breaststroke, clocking a 1:24.66.
- Scarbrough added an individual win in the 100-meter butterfly, stopping the watches in 1:15.68.
- The senior relay of Lingle, Jones, Roth and Chessock kicked the meet off with a victory in the 200-meter medley relay (2:22.44).
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) tallied a win and a runner-up finish for the Wasps. He took first in the 100-meter backstroke with a time of 1:05.04, winning by over 11 seconds. Naff's second-place finish came in the 200-meter individual medley (2:24.21).
- Sophomore Nick Barr (Chilhowie, Va.) put up a pair of second-place swims, in the 50-meter freestyle (:31.07) and the 100-meter freestyle (1:12.51). Freshman George Jones (Bogotá, COLOMBIA) was third in both races.
- The Wasps took second in the 200-meter freestyle relay as Naff, Jones, Barr and sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.) posted a time of 2:06.28.
- Emory & Henry's next meet will be a four-way event on the campus of Hollins University.
- The women will take on Hollins, Randolph College and Virginia Wesleyan University.
- The men's team will compete against RC and VWU.