EMORY, Va. – The Emory &Henry College Men's Soccer Team (6-3-2) bounced back on Thursday afternoon with a 3-2 win against Toccoa Falls College (1-6-1) in the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 3, Toccoa Falls 2
LOCATION – Toccoa Falls, Georgia
VENUE – Screaming Eagles Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-3-2, 0-1 ODAC); Toccoa Falls (1-6-1)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got on the board midway through the 10th minute as sophomore forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) found the back of the net. Sophomore midfielder Alex Adkins (Bristol, Va.) was credited with the assist.
- The Screaming Eagles tied the contest, 1-1, just before the half-hour mark on a goal by Jared Rockwell, assisted by Tou Yang.
- After the break, the Wasps retook the lead as Hurlock found paydirt again at the 51:00 mark. Adkins got his first collegiate score with 22:23 remaining to put Emory & Henry ahead, 3-1, as the assist came from freshman midfielder Casey Widdifield (Afton, Va.).
- Just over two minutes later, TFC made things interesting as Rockwell notched his second score of the match. The 3-2 margin would hold as Emory &Henry claimed its sixth win of the year to equal 2018's season total.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Adkins, a product of Virginia High School, finished the match with a goal and an assist on three shots while freshman midfielder Ryan Boyette (Fredericksburg, Va.) added a trio of chances.
- Hurlock's two goals came by way of three shots, all of which went on target.
- Freshman Derek Akers (Hiwasee, Va.) made his first start in goal, picking up the win.
Toccoa Falls Individual Leaders
- Rockwell led the Screaming Eagles' offense, scoring his two goals on five shots.
- David Chambers made five saves on the evening despite the loss.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road Saturday when it visits No. 12 Washington and Lee University for an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match. The contest will kick-off at 3:00 p.m., as the second in a doubleheader with the Wasps' and Generals' women's teams.