YORK, Pa. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (2-1-1) opened up a 2-0 halftime lead and never looked back on its way to a 6-0 win over Penn State University-York Saturday afternoon on the road. The victory marks the second in as many years for the Wasps over the Nittany Lions.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 6, Penn State-York 0
LOCATION – York, Pennsylvania
VENUE – PSU-York Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-1-1, 0-0 ODAC); Penn State-York (0-2-1, 0-0 PSUAC)
How It Happened
- E&H got things started in the 23rd minute as sophomore Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) took a long pass from senior defender Peyton Williams (Christiansburg, Va.) and finished it from 20 yards out.
- The Wasps made it 2-0 at halftime as junior midfielder Bryce Williams (Bristol, Tenn.) scored on a corner kick served up by senior defender Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.).
- After the break, Peyton Williams converted a penalty kick in the 47th minute to push the margin to 3-0.
- Emory & Henry scored its final three goals in a span of seven minutes between 62:00 and 67:00. Freshman defender Josh Helton (Talbott, Tenn.) punched one in off a corner from Bryce Williams while sophomore forward Jonathan Hoyte (Chesapeake, Va.) finished a loose ball in the box that was passed in by Peyton Williams.
- The Wasps' final goal came as freshman midfielder Zeke Workman (Dalzell, S.C.) put the ball in the back of the net after receiving a pass across the box from freshman defender Greg Horne (Bedford, Va.).
- Senior goalkeeper Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) picked up the win in goal, playing the first hour while freshman Derek Akers (Hiwasee, Va.) finished the contest.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Monday for a match against Welch College. Kickoff is set for 7:00 p.m.