EMORY, Va. – The Eastern Mennonite University Men's Soccer Team (7-5-1, 4-1 ODAC) picked up a 3-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win over Emory & Henry College (5-7, 0-6 ODAC) Saturday evening at Fred Selfe Stadium.
FINAL SCORE – Eastern Mennonite 3, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-7, 0-6 ODAC); Eastern Mennonite (7-5-1, 4-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Royals got things started early in the sixth minute as Joshua Chiquillo scored off a cross by Emmanuel Boamah.
- Chiquillo made it a 2-0 contest at the 11:32 mark when he settled a loose ball inside the box and slotted it past the keeper.
- With 9:36 to go before the half, Chiquillo completed his hat trick with a free kick goal from the top of the box.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Freshman forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) had four shots in the match, putting two on target.
- Junior forward Mason Carroll (Bristol, Va.), senior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) and sophomore midfielder Conor White (Warrenton, Va.) added two shots each.
- Freshman goalkeeper Emory Cornette (Richmond, Ky.) made 10 saves, playing the entire 90 minutes in net.
Eastern Mennonite Individual Leaders
- Chiquillo finished the match with 10 shots, including seven on goal as he scored all three for EMU.
- Emmanuel Kampanga stopped four shots for the Royals as he earned the shutout.
- Emory & Henry visits Guilford College for an ODAC match on Tuesday at 6:00 p.m.