EMORY, Va. – The Washington and Lee University Men's Soccer Team (5-3, 3-0 ODAC) opened up a 7-0 lead at the half en route to an 8-0 win against Emory & Henry College (5-6, 0-5 ODAC) Wednesday evening in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest.
FINAL SCORE – Washington and Lee 8, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-6, 0-5 ODAC); Washington and Lee (5-3, 2-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Washington and Lee struck at the 2:10 mark of the contest on a free kick goal by Kevin Lencioni.
- The Generals made it 2-0 in the 18th minute as Oliver Dolberg as he settled a loose ball in the box following a corner and put it past the keeper.
- Will Hamryka put a pair of goals past in the 22nd and 26th minutes with his second score assisted by Griffin Coffey.
- W&L made it 6-0 with a pair of goals in the span of 40 seconds. Jack Parham connected with Tyler Runge for both scores.
- Parham got a third assist on a goal by Connor Wharton just before the break and Wharton added the final score just before the hour mark.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Sophomore goalkeeper Cole Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.) made 10 saves on the night.
- Senior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) had a shot on goal while freshman forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) also took a chance.
Washington and Lee Individual Leaders
- Hamryka, Runge and Wharton each had two goals while Parham tallied three assists.
- Michael Nyc and Alex Harper combined for the shutout, each playing 45 minutes.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Saturday at 6:00 p.m. when it hosts Eastern Mennonite University.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.