EMORY, Va. – The Ferrum College Men's Soccer Team (6-2, 2-1 ODAC) scored twice in the first half to erase a 1-0 deficit on its way to a 2-1 win over Emory & Henry College (5-4, 0-3 ODAC) Wednesday night in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Ferrum 2, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-4, 0-3 ODAC); Ferrum (6-2, 2-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry senior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) put the Wasps on the board early in the ninth minute after senior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) won the ball played a pass through the Ferrum back line. It was Stallins' team-leading eighth score of the season.
- The Panthers equalized at the 28:46 mark when Moore Dolue served a ball into the box from the left side which found the foot of Sam May.
- Just before the halftime whistle, FC scored what would end up being the match-winner. A cross by Jonah Woyansky from the left side found the head of Hampus Espeland, who headed it into the back of the net at the near post.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Stallins finished the match with four shots including two on target while sophomore defender Matthew Goodwin (Palm City, Fla.) also had an attempt on frame.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Cole Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.) made one save in 90 minutes of play.
Ferrum Individual Leaders
- Espeland led the Panthers with four shots and a goal while Moore Dolue added three shots to his assist.
- Marco Rivera made a pair of saves as he picked up the win in goal.
- Emory & Henry will travel to Hampden-Sydney College on Saturday for a 5:00 p.m., contest with the Tigers.