EMORY, Va. – The Bridgewater College Men's Soccer Team (5-3, 2-0 ODAC) scored twice in the opening half on its way to a 4-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference victory over Emory & Henry College (5-3, 0-2 ODAC) Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Bridgewater 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia
VENUE – BC Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-3, 0-2 ODAC); Bridgewater (5-3, 2-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Eagles got on the board in the 28th minute on a goal by Thomas White.
- Less than five minutes later, BC struck again for the 2-0 halftime advantage as Jonathan Min found the back of the net.
- White got his second goal of the game at the 57:48 mark on a header assisted by Leo Alcantra. Bridgewater made the final 4-0 margin three minutes later as Jacob Heiston scored.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Senior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) had a pair of shots, including one on goal while junior midfielder Kevin Boeren (Roanoke, Va.) tallied an attempt on target.
- Senior midfielder Jake Hamley (Christiansburg, Va.) also put up a shot.
- White finished the match with a pair of goals while Heiston scored once on two shots.
- Quentin Boric and Charles Francillon combined for the shutout in goal.
- Emory & Henry will home Wednesday at 7:30 p.m., hosting Ferrum College in the second match of a doubleheader with the Panthers.