EMORY, Va. – The Milligan College Men's Soccer Team (3-0, 0-0 AAC) scored three times in the opening 10 minutes en route to a 7-1 win over Emory & Henry College (2-1, 0-0 AAC) Tuesday night. It was the first setback on the year for E&H, which was playing its third match in the span of five days after opening the season with a pair of victories in its Pennsylvania road trip.
FINAL SCORE – Milligan 7, Emory & Henry 1
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-1, 0-0 ODAC); Milligan (3-0, 0-0 AAC)
How It Happened
- The Buffaloes got out to a 3-0 advantage through the first 10 minutes and made it a 4-0 contest at the 13:40 mark. Roberto Fernando Garrido scored the opening goal of the match while Robell Habte tacked on two straight. Fernando Garrido added his second tally to complete the scoring spurt.
- Coming out of the intermission, Habte completed the hat trick with a score in the 48th minute.
- Emory & Henry got on the board by way of a penalty kick goal by senior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) with 24:30 left to play.
- MC added a pair in the final half hour as Jordan Burch converted a penalty in the 70th minute and assisted Joel Dominguez for the 7-1 margin.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Thursday when it hosts Hiwassee College.
- Kickoff is set for 6:30 p.m.