LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Randolph College Men's Soccer Team (7-7, 2-4 ODAC) got the lone goal of the match at the 27:54 mark and held on for an Old Dominion Athletic Conference victory over Emory & Henry College (4-10-1, 0-5-1 ODAC) Saturday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph 1, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia – WildCat Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-10-1, 0-5-1 ODAC); Randolph (7-7, 2-4 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The WildCats got on the board in the 28th minute when Travis Brown collected a rebound off the crossbar and slotted it home for the goal.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Senior forward Cody Carruth (Powhatan, Va.) had a shot on goal for the Wasps while senior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.) and junior midfielder Andrew Kincaid (Fredericksburg, Va.) each had attempts.
- Freshman goalkeeper Samuel Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.) made six saves on the afternoon.
Randolph Individual Leaders
- Brown finished the day with a match-high five shots to go along with his goal. Christian Irigoyen and Allen Vayster each put up a pair of shots.
- Erick Cortez-Martinez earned the clean sheet, making one save in 90 minutes between the pipes.
A Deeper Look
- Randolph held a 14-3 lead on shots and a 7-1 advantage on shots on goal.
- The WildCats took five corner kicks to four for the Wasps.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Monday to face off against Hiwassee College at 5:30 p.m.