EMORY, Va. – The Randolph-Macon College Men's Soccer Team (10-1, 3-1 ODAC) picked up a 3-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win over Emory & Henry College (4-8-1, 0-3-1 ODAC) Saturday afternoon at Fred Selfe Stadium.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph-Macon 3, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-8-1, 0-3-1 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (10-1, 3-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets got on the board at the 30:28 mark as Andrew Griggs served up a corner kick for Jacob McHugh, who put the ball past the keeper.
- Early in the 63rd minute, R-MC pushed the advantage to 2-0. Peter Nelson took a pass from Ruben Niamien inside the box and slotted it to the back post.
- The final score came as A.J. Casarez one-timed a cross from Nelson off the right post and over the goal line.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
Senior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.) had a team-high three shots while juniors Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) and Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) each put shots on target.
- Freshman goalkeeper Samuel Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.) stopped seven shots between the pipes.
Randolph-Macon Individual Leaders
- Nelson had a goal and an assists and put all three of his shots on goal. Andrew Griggs and Christian Torres also had three shots in the game.
- Brian Breslin earned the clean sheet in goal for the Yellow Jackets with two saves.
A Deeper Look
- R-MC led 18-6 on shots including a 10-2 margin on shots on goal.
- The Yellow Jackets had five corner kicks in the game and were called offside eight times.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Wednesday when it hosts Guilford College in an ODAC match.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Quakers is scheduled for 6:30 p.m.