MORRISTOWN, N.J. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (3-0, 0-0 ODAC) kept rolling with its third-straight shutout Friday afternoon, blanking the College of Saint Elizabeth (0-2, 0-0 NEAC) by a 5-0 score.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 5, Saint Elizabeth 0
LOCATION – Morristown, New Jersey – CSE Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-0, 0-0 ODAC); Saint Elizabeth (0-2, 0-0 NEAC)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got things going early in the 13thh minute as junior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) served up a free kick that found the head of junior defender Joel Tidman (Milford, Va.), who put it home.
- The Wasps pushed their lead to 3-0 at the 37:36 mark thanks to back-to-back goals by freshman forward Wil Rimer (Mill Spring, N.C.). Junior midfielder Randal Colquitt (Las Vegas, Nev.) assisted on Rimer's second score.
- Coming out of the half, Stallins got in the scoring column thanks to a perfectly served corner kick by junior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.), just 1:32 after the resumption of play.
- Emory & Henry capped the scoring at the 52:00 mark on an unassisted goal by senior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.).
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Rimer's brace (two goals) came on his only two shots of the contest while Couch and Stallins put up five and four attempts, respectively.
- Tidman and sophomore midfielder Campbell Hancock (Rapidan, Va.) added three shots each as Tidman found the back of the net.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Cole Schreiner (Atlanta, Ga.) earned the win, playing 66 minutes between the pipes while freshmen Samuel Irvin (Charlottesville, Va.), Hemza Ababneh (Midlothian, Va.) and Nicholas Kidd (Abingdon, Va.) each saw action.
Saint Elizabeth Individual Leaders
- Marc-Daves Pierre-Louis had a team-high three shots including the Eagles' only shot on goal.
- Jason Pineda made 10 saves for CSE, playing the opening 80 minutes of the contest.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry outshot Saint Elizabeth, 28-5, including a 15-1 margin on shots on goal.
- The Wasps added eight corner kicks to their season tally, and have yet to allow an opponent corner kick.
- E&H was flagged twice during the contest for offside violations.
- Emory & Henry remains on the road tomorrow evening when it visits Ferrum College for a non-conference contest.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Panthers is set for 6:30 p.m.