WINCHESTER, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team concluded the Greene Turtle Invitational with an eighth-place finish on Monday afternoon. The tournament, hosted by Shenandoah University, was held at Winchester Country Club.
Tournament – Greene Turtle Invitational
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Winchester Country Club
Location – Winchester, Virginia
Par – 36-35 – 71
Length – 6,367 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Junior Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) moved up 13 spots from Sunday's round, shooting a 75 on Monday to finish tied for 14th (+12) while junior Christofer Schaff (Elizabethton, Tenn.) tied for 27th at +15 after carding a 78.
- Junior Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) shot an 80 (+9) on Monday to tie for 32nd at +16 while junior Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) and senior Luke Montalbano (Rumford, R.I.) finished the event at T-47 and T-68, respectively.
- Bridgewater College's Jason Spaar led the Eagles to the team title, finishing the event at +1 (72-71-143). BC (+29) had three players on their scoring team in the top eight of the field.
- University of Lynchburg's Harry Hodgert (+3) tied with Christopher Newport University's Kevin Quinto for second place as the Hornets took second overall (+38).
- Emory & Henry will be back in action on Monday, September 16 and Tuesday, September 17 in the Bridgewater Invitational. The tournament will take place at Lakeview Golf Club in Harrisonburg, Virginia.