BROWNS SUMMIT, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team concluded the 2018-19 season by finishing eighth at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships on Tuesday afternoon. The three-day, 54-hole tournament saw 60 players from 12 different institutions participating.
Tournament – 2019 ODAC Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – The Champions Course at Bryan Park
Location – Browns Summit, North Carolina
Par – 36-36 - 72
Round One - Sunday
- Junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) led the team in round one with a score of +4 (76) while freshman Roger McClanahan (Mavisdale, Va.) was three shots behind at +7 (79).
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) shot an 83 (+11) while sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) carded an 87 (+15). Sophomore Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) rounded out the team with a 92.
Round Two - Monday
- Jones put up the Wasps' round of the tournament with a +2 (74) on Monday while Andrade went for a 79 (+7). McClanahan kept rolling at 81 (+9).
- Khan went for an 84 (+12) and Benson shot +13 (85) on the day.
Round Three - Tuesday
-McClanahan moved up three places on Tuesday, shooting a 77 (+5) to finish tied for 28th. Jones went for an even 80 (+8) to find himself in the tie at 28th as well.
- Andrade concluded the tournament tied for 35th with an 89 (+17) in the final round while Benson (85) and Khan (83) both finished in the top 50.
- Washington and Lee University picked up the team championship (+6), besting Guilford College by seven strokes. The Generals saw four of their five golfers finish in the top five and ties.
- GC's James Mishoe took home the individual honors, defeating W&L's Brian Peccie in a playoff.