NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team competed in the Myrtle Beach Invitational #1 on Wednesday over Spring Break.
Tournament – Myrtle Beach Invitational #1
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Barefoot Landing Resort (Dye Course)
Location – North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Par – 36-36 – 72
Length – 6,634 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) won the event with a score of +1 (73) besting Daniel Harcourt and Dane Sethre-Hofstad of Gettysburg College.
- Sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) shot an 86 while junior Carlos Andrade (Guyaquil, ECUADOR) shot 88.
- Freshman Roger McClanahan (Mavisdale, Va.) carded an 87 while junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) went for a 102.
- Jones earned his second medalist honor of the year for Emory & Henry.
- Gettysburg won the event, carding a +17 as a team with three of the top five finishers.
- Emory & Henry will return to action on Friday, March 29 in a dual match with Southern Virginia University at Lexington Country Club in Lexington, Virginia.