GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team made history for a second straight day on Tuesday as sophomore Wesley Jones (Seymour, Tenn.) claimed medalist honors at the Bob Dibble Classic, hosted by Tusculum University.
It is the first time since men's golf returned as an intercollegiate sport at E&H that a player has been an individual tournament winner. Last season, then-senior Wes Blaylock tied for first place at the UMW Eagle Invitational but officially finished second after a scorecard playoff.
Tournament – Bob Dibble Classic
Host – Tusculum University
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Link Hills Country Club
Location – Greeneville, Tennessee
Par – 71
Length – 6,763 Yards
Emory & Henry
- Jones claimed the individual victory by three strokes, shooting a 68 (-3) for a (-4).
- Junior Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) carded a +5 (76) on the day to finish (+8) for the weekend and 12th overall.
- Junior Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) shot 79 (+8) on Tuesday to while sophomore Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) turned in an 84. The duo finished in a tie for 17th overall.
- Freshman Alex Cameron (Mascot, Tenn.) dropped a pair of shots from Monday's round to shoot 82 and finish in 21st.
- Jones was followed by Alex Hodge of Walters State Community College (-1) while Tusculum's Matt DiBella took third (E).
- TU (+13) won the team title by one shot over Walters State (+14), shooting a low team round of 284 Tuesday.
- Emory & Henry will return to action on Sunday, September 30 when it hosts the Blue-Gold Match in conjunction with the Wasps' women's team.